Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Wasn't to bad, We got some serious wind but all the trailers survived and the debris was minimal. This is about halfway though our cleanup:

The only casualties were some trees that were left standing after cleaning the back forty up...They arn't exactly standing anymore....

Saturday, September 13, 2008


I finally got to work on the terrariums. I decided to tackle two at once and here is my progress so far. These are the products I used...I was going to try two different types of expandable foam....but neither one of the bottles worked so....I had to make a mid project trip to walmart and bought two more cans....I still need more. I also picked up some zip ties which are not pictured here, and neither is the egg-crate....but ya'll know what that is right?

20L will be a planted fishtank, it is supposed to eventually be a stone circle with two moniliths:
After two layers of foam, about 20 min apart, wait longer and put smaller amounts if you dont want it to cave like mine did (i fixed it)

I put on two or three more layers after this pic

the 20High will be a tank sutable for newts and fish maybe, I havn't decided. But either way it is an island on stilts.

supports siliconed first:
then island layer attached and zip tied:

upper deck attached and all the zip tied joints siliconed

These are some independant decorations I am going to experiment with:

still so much to do.

I'm going to start carving tommorrow but don't know if I'll get back to walmart for more foam....we'll wait and see what hurrican Ike does.