Monday, July 7, 2008

My Day Off

Its time for pest control. Ants, Roaches and various other buggies are a fact of life in east Texas. I have two days off in a row, so I am going to take out several things on my list. Almost everything will get moved outside, all of the animals and their supplies for sure, and a pile that is going to storage. The two larger fish tanks will get duct taped clothes and everything will come out of the cabinets so I can spray.

I'll be using Bengel Roach Spray for pesticide control, it is supposed to be nontoxic to animals(dogs and cats (I take that back, apparently the data sheet says its highly toxic to cats) anyway, I have no delusion about the frogs being immune to it), and I have used it in a house with fish before with no ill effects, just be carful to not spray directly in the tank, and will work for 3 to 4 months.

I'm going to treat the Ball Python enclosure with Provent-a-mite and almost everything else with Bio-shield. In a house with this kind of humidity, not to mention spilt water, I need all the mold and mildew protection I can get.

....It's going to be a hell of a day.

No comments: